RED Day (Renew, Energize and Donate) is an initiative dedicated to celebrating Keller Williams Realty’s year-round commitment to improving our local communities. Each year, on the second Thursday in May, tens of thousands of associates from across the United States and Canada participate in a wide range of projects, devoting their time to renewing and energizing aspects of the neighborhoods in which they serve.
RED Day initiatives run the gamut: From rebuilding homes, refurbishing local parks, giving to local food shelters, hosting blood drives, beautifying beaches and so much more. Projects are chosen by each individual market center based on a need they see within its community.
Grace House, a transitional house for homeless in Elk Grove, was the recipient this year of our team of volunteers. Over 50 people, from real estate agents, brokers, assistants, and more, came out to donate our time, and strength, to put in a backyard to relax in and enjoy. This was no easy feat…and it did take a lot of prep work from an awesome committee of people, to make this project happen in one day!
- Clear out existing weeds and debris
- Install a drainage system and drip line
- Lay pavers in a path and create a new patio area
- Plant almost 100 trees, plants, shrubs, and flowers!
- Lay gravel, then a layer of material over it that hardens
- All the plants got top soil and redwood bark
- New patio furniture, cushions, decor, and pots for plants
- We planted a vegetable garden in their existing raised beds
- Graveled all the misc areas that needed it
- Pruned and cleaned up existing plants and shrubs
All of this was funded by donations and sponsors, from local business people in the community
that want to make a difference! Thank you to:
- American Home Buyers Protection
- Belmont Homes
- Big Valley Mortgage
- Chick Filet
- First American Home Protection
- Hogee Construction
- Moule’s Glass
- Old Republic Home Protection
- Sacramento Delta Property Management
- Summit Funding
- Unpqua Bank