Elk Grove Home Sellers the Elk Grove market is coming back and prices are increasing, however does that mean you can ask more for your home than it will appraise. Take a look at the following thoughts that affect your Elk Grove home’s value.
Statements Frequently Heard from sellers that really don’t have anything to do with your home’s value:
* “Another agent said it was worth more.”
* “People always offer less than the asking price.”
* “The buyers can always make an offer.”
* “My neighbor was able to get this price.”
* “We paid more than that for our home.”
Other Factors That Do Not Affect Your Value
* Your Original Purchase Price – Chances are you paid the market value. Markets change and today we have to deal with the current market conditions which may have changed drastically. The good news is that your market value should have increased from 1 year ago and things are looking up!
* Over Improvement – Improvements should be made for your enjoyment while you own the home, not for resale. you cannot add an item to a home, select it to your style, use it, and then expect a buyer to pay the original cost.
* Your Need for Money – What you need to net or the fact that you are moving to a more expensive home or area where you will have to pay more for a home has nothing to do with the home’s current market value. Buyers really do not care about this.
* The Cost to Rebuilt it Today
* The Seller’s Personal Attachment to the Property
Elk Grove homeowners…we are at a 5 year low on inventory in Elk Grove! If you have been thinking about selling your home, now is the time! Get your home’s up to date value now!
Use our quick and easy site to get an instant value for your home! For a more accurate value, or to talk about getting your home on the market, give us a call at 916-405-5737 today!