If you didn’t know, we are currently in a Stage 2 Water Warning in Elk Grove, with restrictions on water usage for all Elk Grove residents. You have been notified via mail about the Stage 2 Water Warning, which requires customers to reduce their water usage by 25%, effective immediately.
When Can I Water My Lawn?
Irrigation (i.e. watering) for all residents and commercial properties is limited to the following:
Addresses ending in : Watering Days:
ODD Numbers (1,3,5,7,9) Tuesday & Friday
EVEN Numbers (0,2,4,6,8) Monday & Thursday
- NO Irrigation from 10 am to 8 pm
- NO Irrigation during or up to 48 hours after measurable rainfall
- NO Irrigation runoff permitted – Over-watering is PROHIBITED
- NO Use of a hose to wash a motor vehicle, unless the hose is fitted with a shut off nozzle
- NO Washing down driveways and sidewalks
- NO Use of potable water in a fountain or decorative water feature, unless the water is recirculated
- WATER shall be served only upon request at ALL drinking and eating facilities
Penalties for Water Waste
First Violation: Customer is notified of violation
Second Violation: Written warning is sent to the customer
Third Violation: $200 fine, and customer is scheduled for mandatory water audit
Fourth Violation: $500 fine, and a flow restriction device is installed
Fifth Violation: $500 fine, and the water service is shut off. Connection fee assessed to reactivate water service
Elk Grove Water District Web Site: www.egwd.org
They will post updated drought information as it becomes available.
For detailed information on how you can reduce your water usage at home and in your yard, visit the official EPA Conserving Water | Green Homes site.
Use our quick and easy site to get an instant value for your home! For a more accurate value, or to talk about getting your home on the market, give us a call at 916-405-5737 today!